Tripp Godsey. A Unique Opportunity To See if People Really Mean What They Sayon June 3rd, 2011 at 12:00 am
Tripp Godsey will be challenging John Edwards for the 21st District State Senate Seat this November. Tripp will be seeking the support of the Republican Party.
Tripp owns an insurance agency and is a devoted father and husband. Tripp simply has had enough of the nonsense that is the hallmark of John Edward’s Senate resume and courageously decided to step up based on pleas from the Roanoke Tea Party for someone in the newly formed 21st Senate District to run for election and speak with a clear voice for all patriots in the 21st District.
We want no more of John Edwards!
There is a unique opportunity here for this district to do something historic and defeat an entrenched incumbent corruptocrat in a gerrymandered district.
How you might ask?
Well there are groups across the 21st District and across this Commonwealth who would love to see a true Constitutional conservative win this race and replace John Edwards. Anyone with an ounce of concern about constitutional issues views Edwards as the absolute worst of the worst in the state senate. The state senate can be wrenched from the Democrats in this session and that can lead to true change in the commonwealth. These facts can coalesce and inspire voters in a state election dependant on voter turnout, as long as we do 2 key things.
- Inspire every constitutionally minded, conservative minded, libertarian minded soul to get off their couch and into the polling booth on November 1.
- Convince enough of Edwards base that he isn’t worth coming out to support. His record should give ample opportunity to do that.
How does that happen? Well every key player has to do their part.
- Tripp Godsey. He is going to have to learn the ropes fast. Tripp is a smart, capable man. But he is new to the political game. He and his team will have to learn fast and ensure they stay true to the principles he espoused in the meeting. We like Tripp, but he has to convince the voting members of the Roanoke Tea Party he is worthy of an endorsement. I am confident he can do it. He is going to have to campaign hard and fund raise hard. I am confident he can do that too.
- The Local GOP: The brand new GOP chairperson in Roanoke City, Chris Walters, inherits a city GOP unable to rally any kind of challenge to Edwards in years. I have spent some time with Chris and he seems to get it. He seems to get that only a true constitutional conservative can rally the party faithful and tea party supporters and he seems to want to work together to do get a person elected who can espouse those principles. He can be a hero if he can rally support within the city GOP members for Tripp’s candidacy. Same is true for Roanoke County GOP Chair Mike Bailey. They have an opportunity to play a key role in something truly historic here and I am also confident they can do it.
- The Roanoke Tea Party: We are going to have to work like never before to get the word out on the utter epic failure of John Edwards. We will need to give our members plenty of exposure to Tripp so they can feel confident in an endorsement. We are going to have to fund raise and find ways to raise money in a tough economic environment. We are going to have to get people involved in all sorts of street level activities. According to some observers, the Roanoke Tea Party is “one of the more activist groups of its kind in Virginia.” We are going to have to become the most effective group of its kind in Virginia. I am also confident we can do it.
All of this hinges on one thing. Do people really want change enough to be willing to vote for it? Are they really sick enough of the status quo to elect someone who isn’t a career politician? People say they want this all the time, but voter turnout would argue otherwise.
We don’t have to get arrested like Rosa Parks to strike a blow for freedom. We don’t have to fight and die like the patriots at Bunker Hill. All we have to do is get every registered voter who cares about freedom to vote November 1. Do people care enough to come out and vote for real change in November?
I am also confident they are…if we can all do our part to inspire and educate them to come and vote this November.
Lets get to work.
Roanoke Tea Party