If we don’t do something different, our nation will never change. That is the premise of the YouTube video above. From the foundation of the nation, the Federal Government has always sought to violate the 10th Amendment…which states that the powers not eeunmerated to the Federal government belong to the states and the people Within a few years of the foundation of the nation, some of our founding fathers. who certainly should have known better, began violating the Constitution.
John Adams (one of the most influential founders) spearheaded passage of the Alien and Sedition Acts. In particular, the Sedition Act was a broadside against the 1st Amendment. It made illegal “false, scandalous, and malicious writing” against the government or its officials. It was enacted July 14, 1798, with an expiration date of March 3, 1801 (the day before Adams’ presidential term was to end).
In reaction to this, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison developed the concept of nullification. Despite the negative connotation of nullification from the 1950s, nullification was often used by northern and southern states prior to the Civil War as a tool to push back against the Federal government when it got out of its Constitutional box. And, despite the media’s efforts to discredit this idea, it continues to be used.
Once again we are faced with a Feeral Government that refuses to abide by the Constitution and our federal officials refuse to do anything about it. What to do we do now?
“We can persuade the state governments to to defy the feds where the the U.S. Constitution gives the feds zero authority and NULLIFY federal laws not allowed by the Constitution.” Judge Andrew Napolitano
“Thomas Jefferson said, ‘Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force.’ It turns out that at least two thirds of congressional spending is absent of any constitutional authority. That means that at the very least, it is going to take the vigorous use of nullification to restore the American republic..” —Walter E. Williams, John M. Olin Distinguished Professor of Economics, George Mason University
Nullification has been used recently by Ken Cuccinelli as a State Senator and to a lesser degree as the Attorney General. We are proponents of nullification and interposition when the Federal government violates the constitution. We need your help in getting the word out to people. Only a groundswell of support will convince timid legislators that this is what Jefferson called “the rightful remedy”
What Can You Do?
- Share this flyer with your neighbors. Nullification Flyer 1 If you need more copies, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will have copies available for pick up at our office located in Tripp Godsey’s Farmer’s Insurance Office at 2026 Brambleton Avenue. They will be available AFTER JANUARY 1.
- Donate To The Roanoke Tea Party so we can get the word out. Click here to donate. Click here to join!
- Travel With Us to Lobby Day on January 21. Talk to your legislators in Richmond. We will have a bus going to the event. Click here for more information and to sign up.
- Invite us to come to your meeting and we will do a presentation on nullficiation. We are booking meetings across the state!
- Get educated! Below are a list of articles and resources on nullfication. Get the word out. Nullification is the rightful remedy.
Nullification: How to Resist Federal Tyranny in the 21st Century. Thomas Woods The definitive modern work on nullification.
http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/The national organization we are partnering with in an increasingly formal way to promote the use of nullification. Join today!
The Roanoke Tea Party. We have been pushing for nullification before nullifcation became cool.
This full length movie is an earlier version of the current Nullification Movie. It does a great job of laying out the premise and defending nullification.
Here are some of the articles on our website dealing with the tenth amendment and nullification related topics