The Roanoke Tea Party encourages all eligible citizens to make their voice heard by registering and voting in every local, municipal, state and federal election!
If you are not registered to vote in Virginia, you may download the necessary forms here. The forms are in a PDF file (Adobe Acrobat format) and can be printed and mailed to any Virginia Voter Registration office. It takes only a few minutes to complete.
If you are registered but have difficulty getting to your polling place on election day, you may download the Absentee Ballot registration forms here (also PDF).
All Virginia voter forms and information can be found online at the Virginia Board of Elections web site.
To be eligible to register to vote in Virginia a person must:
- Be a resident of Virginia (A person who has come to Virginia for temporary purposes and intends to return to another state is not considered a resident for voting purposes)
- Be a U. S. Citizen
- Be 18 years old (Any person who is 17 years old and will be eighteen years of age at the next general election shall be permitted to register in advance and also vote in any intervening primary or special election)
- Does not claim the right to vote in any other State
- Not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law
- If convicted of a felony, your right to vote must have been restored